In this type of verbal ability questions, there will be a sentence with missing words, and you are required to complete the sentence with the most appropriate word or phrase out of the given options.
Solved ‘Selecting Words’ verbal ability questions:
1) She lived ____ the expectations.
- as per
- up to
2) The Himalayas are located ____ the northern frontier of India.
3) The release of the book was planned to ____ with the writer’s fiftieth birthday.
- fall with
4) She is sitting ____ a big stone.
5) She allowed her children too much ____.
6) Tony, where are you? ____ up this tree.
- Here I am
- Here am I
- There I am
- There am I
7) a good looking girl does not necessarily have a good character, __________________________.
- don’t go by the appearance
- beauty is only skin deep
- never judge by the appearance
- all that glitters are not gold
8) If the courier boy delivers your packet _____ keep it with me till you come or ____ to your home.
- do I, send it
- will I, send it
- should I, send it
- Would I, send it
9) She is ____ good looking ____ has a good character.
- not just, also
- not only, but also
- neither, nor
- both, as well as
10) Maria has always been ____ for her clothes and hairstyles.