Learn and practice Problems on profit and loss with easy explaination and shortcut tricks. All questions and answers on profit and loss covered for various Competitive Exams
1) A shopkeeper sold an article for Rs. 2500. If the cost price of the article is 2000, find the profit percent.
2) A man purchases a TV for Rs. 8000 and sells it at 10% loss. What is the selling price of T.V?
3) Ramesh bought a chair for Rs. 1540 and sold it to Suresh. If Ramesh earned a profit of 25%, find the selling price of chair.
4) A shopkeeper purchases a table and sells it for Rs. 4200. If he incurs a loss of 20%, find the cost price of table.
5) Suresh bought a cell phone from a shop. If he sells it at Rs. 8400 to Mahesh and earns a profit of 12%, find the price at which Suresh bought the cell phone.
6) A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs. 1200. At what price should he sell the watch to earn a profit of 25% ?
- Rs. 1400
- Rs. 1450
- Rs. 1500
- Rs. 1550
7) Mohan bought an article at 25% less of the marked price and sold it at 15% more than the marked price. Find the profit earned by him.
- 53.3 %
- 52.3 %
8) If the cost price of 120 mangoes is equal to the selling price of 100 mangoes, what is the profit percent in this transaction?
9) After selling 140 apples a fruit seller earns a profit equal to S.P. of 20 apples. His profit percentage is:
10) The cost price of 30 articles is equal to the selling price of 25 articles. What is the profit percentage in this transaction?