Learn and practice Problems on Matching Definations with easy explaination and shortcut tricks. All questions and answers on Matching Definations covered for various Competitive Exams.
This type of reasoning questions consists of a definition followed by four choices. You have to choose one option that is a perfect example of the given definition.
1) It is called Restitution when you compensate someone for damaging his or her property in some way. Which of the following situations is the best example of Restitution?
- Tom borrows his friend’s car and returns the car with an empty petrol tank. He apologizes and tells his friend that he will fill the tank tomorrow.
- Tom borrows his friend’s camera. Tom fails to zipper the case, and the camera falls on the ground, and the lens shatters. When Tom returns the camera, he tells his friend that he will pay for the damage.
- Peter asks Tom to stay in his apartment when he is out of the town. One day Tom arrives to stay and finds that pipe has burst and the apartment is filled with water. He calls the plumber to repair the pipe and pays for the repair.
- A pothole in the parking of Peter’s company caused his flat tyre. He informs his boss and expects that the company should pay for the repair.
2) A Guarantee is a promise or formal assurance that attests to the quality of a product. It is generally given in writing by the company or verbally by a person selling the product. It says that a product will be repaired, replaced or money will be refunded if it is not of a specified quality. Which of the following situations is the best example of the Guarantee?
- Tom bought a cell phone with the highest consumer ratings in its category.
- The salesperson assures Peter that he is buying a camera with a guarantee.
- Peter buys a used camera from John. John assures that it is a quality product and he will refund the money if the camera does not work properly.
- The auto body shop is specialized in refurbishing and selling used cars.
3) An informal gathering occurs when a group of people meets in a casual and relaxed manner. Which of the following situations is the best example of informal gathering?
- The workers meet on the first Monday of every month to discuss important issues.
- On hearing about his promotion, Peter and his colleagues decided to go out for a quick drink in the evening.
- Mary has sent invitations to all her friends to gather in a hotel to celebrate her birthday.
- Tom and Mary decided to organize a family gathering to celebrate their marriage anniversary.
4) Power of Attorney refers to a legal document that gives an individual authority to act for another person in specified or all financial matters. Which of the following situations is the best example of the Power of Attorney?
- Mary is selling her apartment, and she hires a lawyer to evaluate the deal.
- Due to illness, Tom’s mother can no longer visit the bank to deposit money and cash her cheques. She has completed some legal formalities to enable Tom to do such tasks for her.
- Peter’s father is elderly, so Peter thinks he is not able to make decisions, and he should make decisions on his behalf.
- Tom completes all the formalities so that his father could open a retirement account with the bank.
5) It is called Posthumous Publication when a book is published after the death of its author. Which of the following situations is the best example of Posthumous Publication?
- Daniel died before he could enjoy the early reviews of his book.
- Peter’s publisher canceled his book contract after he failed to provide the manuscript on time.
- Mellissa never thought that she would live to see her novel in her trilogy published.
- Mary is honored with an award for her writing career, and her daughter accepted the reward on behalf of her deceased mother.
6) Violating an apartment rental agreement occurs when a tenant does something that is prohibited by the legally binding document that the tenant has signed with the landlord. Which situation below is the best example of violating an apartment rental agreement?
- Tom has decided to shift to another location, so he called his landlord to inform that he will not renew the rental agreement when it expires in the next month.
- Mohan recently lost his job and, for the last two months, has not paid the monthly rent which he is agreed upon in writing when he moved into the apartment a few months ago.
- Seema wrote a letter to her landlord that lists complaints about the apartment which she has agreed to stay on rent for two years.
- Ram thinks that his builder is neglecting the building in which he rents an apartment. He calls his attorney to ask for advice.
7) Embellishing the truth refers to adding fictitious details or exaggerating facts, figures or stories. Which situation given below is the best example of embellishing the truth?
- The realtor describes the house, which is ten blocks away from the sea, as prime waterfront property.
- Maria goes to watch a movie, and the next day, she tells her colleagues that the movie was excellent.
- In a job interview for the post of a teacher, Harry, who has been teaching in a primary school for ten years, tells the interviewers that he is a very experienced teacher.
- The football coach says that only the most talented players will get a college scholarship.
8) Seasonal employment refers to when a person applies for a job that is dependent on a particular season or time of year. Which situation below is the best example of applying for seasonal employment?
- The ski instructors at Ski School work from December to March each year.
- Mark prefers jobs that allow him to work outdoors.
- Maria makes an appointment with the resort manager for the summer waitressing position that was advertised in the local newspaper.
- Ram’s ice cream shop stays open until 11 p.m. during the summer months.
9) In the Green Valley school, a four-day suspension occurs where a student is not permitted to attend school for four days for (i) physically assaulting another student, a teacher, or a school employee or (ii) intentionally damaging school’s property. Which of the given situations is the best example of a four-day suspension?
- Mike gets caught cheating on a math test for the third time and is suspended from school.
- Tom is asked to leave the classroom due to his constant interruptions.
- Ms. Julie told her class that the students who fail the exam are required to stay after school for extra class.
- Jacky uses spray paint to write offensive comments on the classroom walls, so he is suspended.
10) A Tiebreaker is an additional contest or duration of play to decide a winner among tied contestants. Which of the following situations is the best example of a Tiebreaker?
- The referee tosses a coin to decide which team will hit the ball first.
- At halftime, the score is tied at 30.
- Tom and Jack each have scored three goals in the game.
- Telugu Titans and Puneri Paltan each finished with 30 points, so they are battling it out in five-minute overtime.