Learn and practice Problems on alligation and mixture with easy explaination and shortcut tricks. All questions and answers on train covered for various Competitive Exams
Alligation and mixture problems:
1) A 60 liter mixture of milk and water contains 10% water. How much water must be added to make water 20% in the mixture?
- 8 liters
- 7.5 liters
- 7 liters
- 6.5 liters
2) An alloy contains14 parts of tin and 100 parts of copper. What is the percentage of tin in the alloy ?
3) A 20 liter mixture contains 30% alcohol and 70% water. If 5 liters of water is added to the mixture, what will be the percentage of alcohol in the new mixture ?
4) In what ratio water must be mixed with milk costing Rs. 48 per liter to get a mixture worth Rs. 32 per liter ?
5) A shopkeeper mixes 60 kg of sugar worth Rs. 30 per kg with 90 kg of sugar worth Rs. 40 per kg. At what rate he must sell the mixture to gain 20%?
- Rs. 30 per kg
- Rs. 34 per kg
- Rs. 43.2 per kg
- Rs. 38 per kg
6) 700 ml of a mixture contains water and milk in the ratio 2:8. How much water must be added to the mixture so that the ratio of water and milk becomes 3:8?
- 75 ml
- 65 ml
- 70 ml
- 60 ml
7) A rice dealer bought 60 kg of rice worth Rs. 30 per kg and 40 kg of rice worth Rs. 35 per kg. He mixes the two and sells the mixture at Rs. 40 per kg. What is the percentage profit in this deal?
8) 1/2 and 1/4 parts of two bottles are filled with milk. The bottles are then filled completely with water and the content of bottles is poured into a container. Find the ratio of the milk and water in the container?
9) A bottle of whisky contains 40% alcohol. If we replace a part of this whisky by another whisky containing 20% alcohol, the percentage of alcohol becomes 28%. What quantity of whisky is replaced?
10) An alloy has copper and zinc in the ratio of 6:3 and another alloy has copper and tin in the ratio of 8:6. The equal weights of both the alloys are melted to form a new alloy. What will be the weight of tin per kg of the new alloy?